EMAIL

I can email on Mondays and I would love to hear from you. My email address is:

michael.deford@myldsmail.net

Sunday, October 1, 2017

9/26/2017: Week 50 I Know I Know I Know ...



I'm a bad person. I didn't email last week. Yeah yeah yeah... I know. There are just lots of frisbees to throw and not enough time...

So quick overview... in the last two weeks, three baptisms.... sorta. Technically two of them actually happened the week before that but they were confirmed last week because of the area broadcast to almost all of Utah, kind of like a baby General stake Conference ;P lots of frisbee. So good times. We were also all supposed to die two days ago, but you're all still here so I guess you're righteous ;P uh what else... I'm going to General Conference this time around! Good stuff. I'm actually going to be driving everyone that the assistants aren't driving... all the way from Vernal to Salt Lake and Back.... I've driven out of the mission a lot, and spent lots of time there, and driven more extensively than most missionaries, and I've just driven a lot more too... but normally it's been mountain roads and little used areas... this'll be an adventure. I wouldn't say no to prayers ;P

Haha I remember the first time driving back into Provo, during rush hour, coming out of Spanish Fork Canyon after spending, I think, 5 months or so in Ferron where there is only one stoplight in the whole county and it's over half an hour from where I was living.... that was pretty scary. I adjusted pretty quick but it was still quite the adventure.

Anyway back to overview, I'm gonna send some pictures (side note from his mom: he forgot to send the pictures) from several weeks ago when we hiked the U, they're pretty cool, oh man.... you missed a lot. I just looked at the calendar for the last two weeks.... yikes. Played Durango Boot for the first time (Casey always wanted to play it but we never had cones, it's a pretty intense team disc sport where you have to knock over cones with the disc), had president interviews and requested a stake president chastisement for some of the members of my district.... that was an interesting talk. Went to 3 baptisms that weren't ours, including one in Spanish (have I ever mentioned that I actually really enjoy singing in Spanish?) one of which led to a massive miracle the next week, DH, who has been attending church for over 3.5 years and investigating told us he wants to get baptized. Also a bunch of baptismal interviews scattered in there and the fastest most in depth Commandments lesson of my life.

3 exchanges, a wedding Skype, lots of bible videos from another church, two Saturday morning breakfast parties, one with Ultimate and one without. 4 primary programs, skyping into a 4 hour meeting for trainers and trainees... a couple service opportunities, a lot of weirdness, and other good stuff. So here's what I'm thinking.... actually let me make this big and bold so people actually do it...

-----------> WHICHEVER OF THE THINGS LISTED IN THE OVERVIEW ABOVE THAT YOU WANT TO HEAR MORE ABOUT OR HAVE EXPLAINED, JUST COMMENT ON THE POST AND I'LL TELL YOU NEXT WEEK <------------

And now, a message from our sponsors....

Sorry no message after all, we were gonna go eat with our best friends, the Vernal Elders, and the Uintah sisters so I was gonna have everyone take turns writing paragraphs but then stuff happened and we ate alone :( sorry, maybe next time :P

Have a great day, have a great week, have a great life.


Love,
Elder DeFord

No comments:

Post a Comment