EMAIL

I can email on Mondays and I would love to hear from you. My email address is:

michael.deford@myldsmail.net

Sunday, October 22, 2017

10/16/2017: Week 53 The Weakliness of my Weekliness ...



Alright, I know… I know… I know… I'm a vile vagabond who refuses to email. Shame on me. But I'm repenting :p a little bit anyway. So what's happened lately. Haha more importantly how long has it been since I wrote? Who knows. Kurds you may miss out on somethings or I may go over things double, I dunno. First off, we're having 4 baptisms this week, a family of 3 who are just super good, and then D who I talked about whenever last time was. That's gonna be a good time! Last week I did an escape room... trailer. It was actually pretty fun, but something rather odd happened. We had planned to go with Luke (best member missionary of all time btw) and there was another trailer in town we were gonna go to. Things fell through and that trailer moved somewhere else so we made plans for this one. Two days before we went we got a text from the Uintah Sisters that they were teaching the family that owned it and they wanted us to go for free... awkward, we were already going. So we did and it was good, we beat it the fastest of anyone so far... 25 minutes or so. But it's a hollow victory (and yes if you're reading this Sister Toftum, this is Elder Whiner coming out and being accountable ;P) we got a hint on the last puzzle. Un-asked for mind you. Haha but she told me I could come back and try to do it blindfolded. I think I may just take her up on that. Somebody will just have to read things and put in codes for me. Of course... now I know all the stuff so who knows. I'm asking now… They say he'll have a new one done next month hopefully, so then I can do that one. 

What else? Well... as many of you likely know at this point, my mission has been authorized for facebook. I've already done some thing's and made a lot of new friends, but we don't really know what it's gonna be like at this point. We're also getting smartphones next month. We're not totally sure what that means either... the current understanding is that they'll be older model iPhones, both missionaries will have one but only one will have a plan. But as for details... hopefully we find out on Friday. We have an all day Zone Conference where we'll get trained and receive info on all this stuff. Not really looking forward to it, that's a whole lot of sitting and not doing Things. But, having some closure will be really nice, and knowing what it is we need to do. 

Alright, thinking of other stuff to say is hard. And I need to plan for some splits tonight so here's a thought for you based on some cool experiences this week.

This week I have had the opportunity to participate in every level of the priesthood I currently have the authority to officiate in. In the Ashley 3rd ward, I was blessed to serve as a deacon, to pass the emblems of the Sacrament to those who seek His forgiveness. The same day just a small time later, I served as a teacher preparing the Sacrament, a priest blessing it, and a deacon passing it for 3 soldiers from the Army National Guard post at the Vernal Armory, and then for a part Member family who has difficulty going to church because of some health issues and a slightly uncooperative father. This week I've given several blessings through the authority of the Melchizedek priesthood that I am so blessed to have been given, to heal, to comfort, and to guide. God’s power and love flows through me to bless the lives of others, what a blessing to me. There is just as much love and power and service in a deacons humble actions as there is in the great pronunciations that, at the direction of the spirit, may "command the sustaining or renewal of life" as Elder Holland said. There is no difference. The power of God is the same. In fact, I might even say that the deacons role, and the teachers, and the priests, is the more important and impactful of the two. The renewal of the covenants we make at baptism and accepting the atonement of a Christ into our lives changes and sanctifies us and prepares us for eternal joy and glory rather than temporal blessings. 

To all you deacons and teachers and priests who think your job isn't that important, think again. You provide salvation through your humble service

Have a great day, have a great week, have a great life.


Love,
Elder DeFord









No comments:

Post a Comment