Alright people... let me tell you about this weekend. The rest of the week isn't important... just Thursday on.
So Thursday... no District Training Meeting because we had a giant Zone Conference all day long the next day. But, Friday is weekly planning so guess what happened Thursday. Weekly planning. And, on top of that, we just got a new addition to PMG (Preach My Gospel), a replacement chapter 8 called How Do I Fulfill My Purpose As A Missionary? With a totally new planning process... so that was an adventure. But, I get ahead of myself. First, we dropped off the car at the shop to get some basic maintenance and went to Wingers for endless sticky fingers for the next hour or two, so we ate a lot. Then planning, so it really wasn't too bad. Then it really began.
Friday, all day long, Zone Conference, 8:30 to 5. It was a long meeting. Learned all about facebook... meaning a lot of people asked the same question over and over again and received the same answer over and over again. It was long to say the least. Basically the answer to almost any question about FB is that you need to focus on the work, if it's not about the work, don't do it. So yes I have fb, but you've all been unfollowed, if you wanna talk to me, send me an email. Anyway, so after that meeting we had some decompression time at dinner. That was really nice. Followed by a lesson and a split to an interview, followed by another lesson. Over the course of that night I gave 3 blessings. We got home at around 10. It was a long day.
The next day... was worse by far. Morning frisbee was gonna be great cuz everyone was gonna play, even Ballard, who have to drive 30 miles to come... then they texted they weren't coming... and the Spanish elders and the sisters got sick... and the Glines elders left their phone in the car all night... it gets worse, just wait. So the Vernal elders and us were the only ones who could come, so we went to the chapel. A little background... we got kicked out of our chapel for our baptisms a couple days ago because of a funeral. So instead we were gonna do it in this building. We get there at 6:30 and it's also set up for a funeral. So we go to the Glines stake center and we need a key for the font.... we call and call the elders... show up at their house and they had left their phone in the car...
Actually. I can't even care about all that mess right now... I think I will just copy and paste a summary I wrote a couple days ago.
- In spite of scheduling the buildings for the 4 baptisms that we had, and the 1 that the Vernal Elders had, we first got kicked out of our building a couple days ago for a funeral, then discovered yesterday morning that we were being kicked out of the next building for another funeral...
- We went to use the Glines Stake Center, but the Glines elders left their phone in their car. After 7 calls and numerous texts we had to drive to their house to contact them... only to find out that they didn't have a baptismal key.
- Then we called all the people in their stake who might've had one and couldn't get a response from anyone. Luckily, the Vernal Elders were able to get in eventually.
- That was only an hour and a half or so until our first set of baptisms. We had to leave it running through the whole program for the water to be high enough by the time it was baptism time
- Then, someone requested that I perform a song I never practice, and everyone knows, and I had to play it off my iPad on short notice..
- Then, it got done late so we had a very short lunch and headed to a lesson that was squeezed between our baptism and the Vernal Elders baptism. After the Vernal baptismal interview, the girl, who was very very shy, asked me to give the talk on baptism, and I was playing the piano for that one as well.
- But, then the person we were having a lesson with showed up half an hour late and asked us to help him move... we did one load and then had to run to the baptism... got there just in time.
- Then we headed back to finish the move... and he was half an hour late again, and told us to come to a restaurant to talk to him for another half hour until he was ready to move some more... luckily our other lesson that we had squeezed in was cancelled. So we helped him move and move some more... and finished just in time to make it to our 5 o clock baptism, and then he said he needed one more thing... which should've taken 30 seconds but instead took 10 minutes cuz he couldn't decide how he wanted to do it.
- Then the baptism was fantastic of course
- Then dinner
- Then a lesson
- Then finally cleaning up both buildings from the baptisms
- On Sunday, those 4 confirmations were all at the same time in different wards... and we're the ones confirming 3 of them...
- The thing is... I was late to some stuff and things didn't go as planned, but I have exactly zero regrets for the day. I did all the things the Lord commanded me to do and did them in his time. I'm grateful to be such a tool in his hand... haha even if it makes for an incredibly long weekend ;P I'm happy. Thanks for listening
And I'm done. Halloween is Preparation day so I won't email till then.
Have a great day, have a great week, have a great life.