EMAIL

I can email on Mondays and I would love to hear from you. My email address is:

michael.deford@myldsmail.net

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Week 1: October 18, 2016

Week 1
October 18, 2016
 
Ok so here goes.
 
 Dropped off a little early for the MTC and I wasn't even the first one, a newly converted Elder from Georgia had gotten there at like 10 and had just been waiting this whole time. Thats Elder Nation (We were supposed to be there between 12:30 and 1) 
 
Got all the stuff and did some really basic intro stuff on the computer. Took off my dork dot almost immediately. Cuz.. well ew. Then we just had some class and stuff, talked about the way things worked, met my companion Elder Kunzler (super awesome guy, we mesh in a lot of ways and yin yang in a bunch of others. He sings, wants to be a vocal major then get his MBA) And the rest of the district.
 
Its a little weird since several people in my district remind me of people from home. Sister Beach is like a carbon copy of Kiersten Hopkins, just a little shorter and not quite as slim. And she's from Tacoma even... but alas, no relation. 
 
Any way pretty normal stuff from then on, but when we went to the Meet the MTC president thing, it turned out he was Elder Kunzler Stake president in his YSA so we got a picture with the MTC president and his wife (Who is our Temple presidents wife's sister) which I will try to attach... if the silly MTC computer will let me.
 
 So unfortunately I'm running low on time (darn laundry) and I've got things to do but basically I'm gonna sing Savior Redeemer of my Soul in a devotiional sometime with Elder Brown pianoing and Sister Bennett Fluting, I gave my first blessing a few days ago and... wow... Ask about that so I remember to tell you about it next week. My companion cried for like two days straight essentially, then Sunday was awesome and yes I watched the Character of Christ... wow again. Plus there was a bat in the rafters after the devotional which was pretty sweet. And yeah.... That'll have to do for now. 
 
Also Jake Reis (Of the District fame) Is our educational supervisor which is cool. Anywho, see y'all next week
 
Michael, Elder Kunzler, President and Sister Burgess
 

No comments:

Post a Comment