EMAIL

I can email on Mondays and I would love to hear from you. My email address is:

michael.deford@myldsmail.net

Sunday, September 3, 2017

8/28/2017: Week 46 Dino Land



Those of you back home, you know that town... the one with all the frogs? I totally just forgot what it's called... but it's a little like that here in Vernal. Not quite as prolific with the dinosaurs... but they're waaaaay bigger.

Ok so when it comes to this week, there isn't too much to report about the beginning of the week. We just tried to visit as many people as possible. Unfortunately, there were many that I had hoped to see that I didn't get to. Since I live so far out from Provo and was going to be training, we had to drive up the night before so I could be there early in the morning for the trainers meeting. And that cut into my
visit times :( but for those of you I wasn't able to visit, I love you and I will return in 14 months or so :) I'm kind of cheating right now actually... I just emailed leadership down there to put it in the
program :D haha

Anyway since then.... whitewashing... and training... and district leader again... it's been a well filled 4 days. So Wednesday morning we had our meeting, I met my trainee, Elder Nelson, he's from Houston and, you guessed, way taller than me :p I may really never have a shorter companion... oh well. Cool thing though... from Texas and as big and brawny as he is, you would think, football of course. Nope. Turns out he isn't really that interested in sports like that, he's done motocross since he was about 3. So that's pretty cool, it's been super good so far.

Uh... where to start... first off everyone thinks I like peanut butter. Elder Connelly, my first companion, is one of the missionaries we're whitewashing out, and he has been telling people for days that I love peanut butter. I DO NOT! Luckily most people have seen through it... but it scares me every time. On the other hand, in his first four days in the Field, my companion has had baptisms, Correlation meetings, solo lessons, eternal investigators, put people on date, met with bishops, met with excommunicated members, WMLs, had a Baptismal interview, given two different talks in two different wards with just a few days notice, cleaned fonts, played frisbee, been payed for,
gotten free food, all sorts of stuff. Like I said, very full few days.

We've seen several miracles in our area already, we found a collection of names that have been ignored by missionaries for months and some cases years who seemed to be ready to be baptized, we're going to go contact all of them in a few days. We also had a 12 year old girl who is so pumped to meet with us, she's already read half the Book of Mormon, been going to church, the whole deal. All I can say is, I'm busy, and I'm being forced to grow, and reinforced, to keep up with the area and all the Lord needs me to do right now. Wow. The church is so so very true. See ya ;P

Have a great day, have a great week, have a great life.

Love,
Elder DeFord

No comments:

Post a Comment